Re: [CH] Diazinon

jim wolfe (yoda@cablespeed.com)
Wed, 28 May 2003 08:12:32 -0400

agreed -  both are over used, and people can't seem to follow directions
what is so difficult about 2 tbl/gallon applied weekly or this bag
covers 5000sq ft
safe if you follow the directions
but reguardless

Diazanon is not a good people killer - takes a lot to kill people
LD50 for rabbits  >2020mg/kg   --
http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/op/diazinon/toxicology.pdf

Parathion ( super malathion ) is a good people killer. <150mg/kg

A good source of data is http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/