RE: Moderates and Hellfire (was RE: [CH] YKYAMI whaaaa?)

Riley J. McIntire (Riley@ChileGarden.com)
Wed, 28 May 2003 15:38:14 -0700

> From: Parkhurst, Scott Contractor
>
> Riley wrote:

> > the burn."  In other words moderates can look forward
> > to genetic modification to increase their tolerance.

>    While "pharmacological means", given suitable
> side effects, is intruiging I'm not sure I care to

Side effects are everything.

> ease the burn.  When I feel the need for heat I'm
> actively seeking the burn.

Yup.  Although even a moderate has more tolerance than the unenlightened.
And the unenlightened definitely enjoy more burn.  Of course `enjoy' depends
on perspective.  Think of it this way.  We want moderates to have more
perspective.

>    Riley, you're a braver man than I to even bring up
> genetic modification.  I remember the uproar on the list
> from the mention of genetic engineering of Bt corn, and
> then you suggest genetic modification of moderates ;)

Yeah, but Scott.  They _need_ help.  And GM is really only dangerous with
uncontrolled gene mixing.  And really, genetically modified or not, should
moderates be allowed to breed?

I think I'm in trouble.

Riley..."Where am I?"  "What am I doing in this handbasket?"