RE: Moderates and Hellfire (was RE: [CH] YKYAMI whaaaa?)

Parkhurst, Scott Contractor (SCOTT.PARKHURST@LEAVENWORTH.ARMY.MIL)
Wed, 28 May 2003 18:34:42 -0000

Riley wrote:
> modification of PIP2 binding--perhaps by genetic,
> biochemical or pharmacological means--could make
> mouth nerves much less receptive, and thus ease
> the burn."  In other words moderates can look forward
> to genetic modification to increase their tolerance.

Hmmmmmmmmm,

   While "pharmacological means", given suitable
side effects, is intruiging I'm not sure I care to
ease the burn.  When I feel the need for heat I'm
actively seeking the burn.

   Riley, you're a braver man than I to even bring up
genetic modification.  I remember the uproar on the list
from the mention of genetic engineering of Bt corn, and
then you suggest genetic modification of moderates ;)

Scott... KCK