Re: [CH] Introduction

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Thu, 29 May 2003 10:06:02 -0400

At 10:20 PM 5/28/2003 -0400, Rose Scodari wrote:
>Hi all I just wanted to come in and introduce myself. My name is Rose
>and I live here in Jersey.  I was wondering if anyone else on the list
>is also from here as well. I would love to meet others who have the same
>interest.  I was also wondering if anyone else grows chile's here in the
>garden state to make their own sauces and salsa's.

I'm off of Exit 109, where are you located?  If you are near Red Bank you
may want to check out The Pepper Shack at 16 White St.  You could do it
this weekend and also attend the Red Bank Food & Jazz Festival, the largest
outdoor festival in the state.

http://redbankfestival.com/

>Today I planted 39 chile plants, I missed out on getting red savina
>plants from the nursery, but they are on order for next year and I do
>have an order in for fresh RS chile's for september.

Hopefully the weather will change to a more chile friendly version, we've
had like a month of dreary cool dampness, feels more like April than May.

>Also trying to raise a junior
>chilehead who visits every other weekend.  This weekend he took a dallop
>of Blairs After Death Sauce and after the flames went out said he would
>do it again and wanted to try other hot stuff.  This all while hubby sat
>rolling in tears from laughter.

Did you notice that Blairs is produced in Highlands, NJ?  Have met him
delivering to the above mentioned Pepper Shack.  Pleased to meet another
local ChileHead!

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.
Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.
Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak.

http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/