Re: [CH] Best time for transplanting

Robert Farr (rbfarr@erols.com)
Fri, 30 May 2003 20:43:26 -0400

How big is the root ball; how tall are the plants?

Jeremy Farnham wrote:

> Hi all --
>
> I'm getting ready to transplant about 70 plants to my garden this weekend,
> but I'm not quite sure if they are ready. I have been hardening them for
> about 10 days/nights now, and the outdoor temp and soil temp are close to
> where it needs to be, but I'm afraid they are still a bit small. I have done
> a lot of reading on this, but nothing seems to state what a safe size would
> be for transplanting. This will be the first time that I'm planting my own
> "from the seed" peppers, so I don't have the luxury of past experience with
> this. Anyway -- to give you an idea of the size -- they all have 4-5
> established leaves, with some leaves the size of a quarter.
>
> Any advice would be great!
>
> Everyone have a great weekend!
>
> Jeremy

Robert Farr
The Chile Man
(540) 668-7160

*  A sustainable farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas, mustards, and
barbecue.
*  Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com
*  Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
   http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html
*  Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year.  See our web site for
details!