Re: [CH] Best time for transplanting

RisaG (radiorlg@yahoo.com)
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 18:08:53 -0700 (PDT)

Babs, whether it is nice or not, I'm planting out on
Tuesday! I've had it already. I can't wait any
longer. I'm in rainy NJ and we've had exactly 3 days
of sun in the last month. We're expecting 4 days from
M-Th according to weather channel. I'll be trying to
walk through my backyard on Tuesday. If I do it
tomorrow, I'll sink in all the puddles (our grass
sucks). I'll wait until some of the water gets
absorbed into the ground. I have 10 varieties of
tomatoes already in the bed, along with 2 lettuce
plants, 2 chinese cabbage plants and 1 cucumber plant.
I intend to plant about 15 chile plants, 3 radish
plants, 2 scallion plants and assorted other things on
Tuesday. Tomorrow I'm going to try and plant some
petunias and marigolds in the front yard. Hopefully I
won't sink there either. We're expecting 75 degree and
sun tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck with your habs and such. I'm sure I'll have
quite a few crosses myself this summer, as I never bag
the blossoms. I have no time to do that with so many
plants. Maybe I'll try it with 1 of each variety this
summer and see what happens when I plant the seeds.

RisaG, in very rainy & cloudy NJ