Re: [CH] Smoker

T. Matthew Evans (tmattevans@yahoo.com)
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 08:51:16 -0700 (PDT)

I agree, it will do just fine without brining.
However, I like to brine the butts prior to smoking so
that I can add some flavor (read:  heat) all the way
through the meat.  Also, I have cooked hundreds of
pork butts to an internal temperature of 180 F, and
have never had a problem pulling one.

Happy smoking....

Matt