Re: [CH] Kneecapped and DMSO

Walter Spencer (g0tuj@g0tuj.karoo.co.uk)
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:42:03 +0100

Oh no! Okay, we may be Chile-Heads, but does this mean we have to visit the
Vets when we take ill? I think you have something there Jim. This DMSO is
not the sort of thing us Gentlemen ought to be meddling with. No sir! I aint
going to give out any invite for dancing with a defibrilator. I get my kicks
from the old Hab Sauce, not high voltage jolts to the cardiac muscle. Ouch!

But this DMSO does interest me in one respect, if as I surmise, it means
'Dish out More Sauce more Often' I reckon I could live with that and be
really happy.  Nah! I cannot think that anyone really wants to be playing
with the 'other' DMSO. Remember Jekel and Hyde?Ugh! Come on you Imoderates,
what penetrates those inner parts quicker than a nice strong Habanero Brew?
Love you all. Walt. CH#2218. An old Chile-Head from the old country.

From: "Jim Nelson" <jmnelson@winfirst.com>
> I also kind of wonder whether anything that spreads and penetrates that
fast is a wise thing to mess around with.  Hate to see one of our more
immoderate types decide to use it to carry pure cap or something and
 find him/herself in need of a pair of defibrilator paddles and an EMT.

> jim@wildpepper.com wrote:
>
> >I had a very good Haz Mat Chemistry class from a gentleman who stated
that he invented DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide).  That, or he at least worked
out the modern production process for it.  It is said to be so rapidly
absorbed by the body that within just a second or two of putting it on an
area, you'll be have a very distinct garlic taste in your mouth.
Current use is as horse linament and I don't know if it is recommended for
humans yet.  It is said to be a powerful free radical scavenger so shows
some promise in that area.  I doubt it would work much as a carrier for cap
though.