RE: [CH] missing chile help

beth@bayoutraders.com ("beth@bayoutraders.com")
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:02:27 -0400

Frank:

It's going to be tough....

I finally figured out this weekend why I can't find my Manzanos here.  I
accidently ran across the info looking for something else.  They have been
banned from import from Mexico due to Mexican Fruit Fly.

http://www.sunkist.com/tr-network/sunkist_report/report.asp?report_id=22#254
http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/press/05092003_2.html

There is a Pervian restaurant here in Houston that I have wanted to go to.
The lady told me that if I came she would tell me where this town's South
American markets are.  I am hoping to find some there, along with other
ají.  It doesn't sound like USDA banned Rocoto from Peru!

Beth in Texas

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Frank J. Hashek fhashek@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:53:11 -0500
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] missing chile help

Need some help here.  I've grown quite fond of, maybe even addicted, to
Chile Manzanos.  Up until recently, they have been readily available in the
local Mexican groceries.  No one has them anymore.  When I ask about them,
usually I get a shrugof the shoulder and a shake of the head.  One clerk
told me they are no longer available in the US?  Does anyone have any info?

Blue skies,
Frank

http://mail2web.com/ .