[CH] Chiles in NE/Dan

Byron (byronbromley@tellink.net)
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:15:41 -0400

Dan,

Take some empty 2L soda bottles, fill with water and lay them down in a
triangle at the base of the plant.

This will help keep the soil and roots warmer,  The few that I did are
already 6" taller than the one without.

Move the soda (pop) bottles if the daytime temps get above 90F or the night
temps ever get over 70F

Save the bottles for fall, when the night temps start dropping again.  This
will increase yeilds.

L.B.

75mi Nor'west of Bawstn

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:02:32 -0400
From: "Dan Gillis" <DanGillis@earthlink.net>
Subject: [CH] Too late?

We've had some bad luck with some (not all) of our plants this year.. not
only from the bad weather, but from a very bad dog living close to us who
decided to play with the plastic pots we were growing our peppers in.

So... we tried to think ahead and we had some seedlings started in case of
an emergency.  We've been growing them inside and they stand between 4 to 8
inches tall.  Is it too late to try to get them going outside?  We live
outside of Boston.. so our growing season is pretty short for peppers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan and Helen