Re: [CH] #@$!* Squirrells!~

Uncle Dirty Dave (xrated@ameritech.net)
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:56:29 -0500

At 01:22 PM 7/29/2003 -0700, Firehouse16 wrote:
>ok,
>
>Can someone give me some good advice besides using a gun to kill a rogue
>squirrel in my backyard? Right now he's eating my zuchinni but soon enough
>he'll be after my prize generic pepper plants!

There are a number of traps - some lethal, some not. Those are the most
practical way (other than a pellet gun or crossbow) to get rid of the tree
rat. An attack cat might work - but, cats is notoriously independent minded
and might not perform as desired. Dogs are too slow and can't climb trees
in pursuit.

Might consider an electrified fence of chicken wire tall enough that
brother rat cannot do an aerial act over the top of it - and buried far
enough into the soil that  it cannot be dug under ... because they _can_ dig

Might also consider leaving out some warfarin laced peanut butter or other
method of poisoning. Bad part of this is that it puts birds, ambulatory
chirrun and some mutts at risk.

I'll be interested in watching the replies to see if I can learn something new.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!