[CH] OT: Chipmunks

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Fri, 08 Aug 2003 11:47:25 +0000

>From: dan combs <dcombs@bloomington.in.us>

>Sorry, but those of us who live in the woods would prefer you _not_
>relocate your problem animals to our neighborhoods, for a couple of very
>valid reasons.

Another reason I've heard is that taking an animal several miles away and
releasing it is an excellent way of distributing rabies, though that is
probably not the case with these chipmunks.

Back on topic, my little chile patches are giving me joy.  After such a cold
wet start to the season, when the plants did very little, now they're
finally "hitting" and putting on vigorous growth.  I'm seriously considering
taking all the green habs off my little plants to see if they get another
growth spurt.  I've grown habs for a few years, and they seldom grow more
than knee-high.  I go to the Open Fields and feel humbled by hab plants so
big I can hide behind them.

- A