Re: [CH] Re: Chipmunks

dan combs (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:42:43 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, T. Matthew Evans wrote:

> Carp and Dave --
>
> You both assume that we are disposing of our captured animals in
> someone's yard without asking us otherwise.  Do not condemn us without
> the facts.  You have absolutely no idea who I am, where I live, or
> where I dispose of my chipmunks.

I responded to someone who said they were dumping animals into the "woods
a few miles away." Well, that could be me. I really don't care if you ask
a property owner out in the country if you can dump a creature on his
property:  He doesn't own everywhere the animal may wander to before it
sets up shop.

> In the future, if you wish to get on your stump and be holier-than-thou, make
> sure you have your facts straight first.

Okay.  Us country bumpkins dasn't know nothin'.  Only the urbazoids do.

Now, on to bigger things.  I'm swamped in cucumbers and tomatoes from our
three week drive out west and all of the rain that came while we were
gone.  I finally attacked the garden with a weedeater as pulling all of
the weeds wasn't an option.  More than two thirds of the chiles had been
strangled out or had died of too much wet.  I have the biggest Anaheims
we've ever raised and almost no habs, a few vayennes and no jalapenos.
Scattered through the war zone are two ornamental purples, a couple of
super chiles, one cowhorn and various sweets.

Not much canning going to happen this year.

carpo