RE: [CH] chile plant supports

Ces (ces@preferred.com)
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 11:12:37 -0400

I usually buy a couple of bundles of 3 and 4 ft bamboo stakes at the garden
center and use plant ties that come on a roll.

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Margaret
Lauterbach
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2003 9:43 AM
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] chile plant supports

I use those cheapo 3 ring "tomato cages" that are too wimpy to hold any
tomatoes.  This is end-of-season, you may be able to get them very
cheaply.  I put them over each chile plant and each eggplant because the
plants are brittle, and my dog goes through the garden hunting voles. A
couple of years ago, he broke a long chocolate habanero off cleanly at soil
level, and bent the heck out of my wire support thing.  Other than that
occasion, they've worked great.  Margaret L