Harvest question, and Re: [CH] chile plant supports

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:09:55 -0500

Ces wrote:

> I usually buy a couple of bundles of 3 and 4 ft bamboo stakes at the garden
> center and use plant ties that come on a roll.

> Charlie

  Been using that same system for the past few years.  If you only need to stake a few
select plants, and don't need to have a support system in place for a whole (or half,
whatever) row, it works fine.  Also great for containers of course...

  Now here's a question for those who have had experience with these varieties:

Hot Apple  (From Miss Dewi)

Black Namaquland (Dewi again)

Czechoslovakian Black (From Susan)

White Fire (Susan again)

  From what I understand, these all mature to red.  While all are doing very well, they show
no signs of changing color.  The two blacks are still deep purple, and the two others are
very light yellow-ish.  Also, the blacks have been well loaded with pods for a few weeks,
but, as I said, even the first pods to appear show no signs of a color change just yet.  Has
anyone had experience with any of these?  (Well, I know Susan and Miss Dewi have...)

  The rest of the garden is doing fairly well, aside from the poor little Venezuelan Sweet
Hab. that my wife's cherry tomatoes are looming over.  I've pulled them back some by
anchoring them to the garage, so hopefully that will help it along.

  Thanks,

--
Erich
C-H # 2099 & First Lieutenant of the Moderate Corps