Re: [CH] Qestion Re: Cajun corn.

Mark Barringer (mdogdrum@earthlink.net)
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:43:13 -0400

Like soaking the corn in the husks and water, the ice cubes act to "steam"
the corn.  The reason you want to get all the hair off is so that the butter
and chipolte powder grab on to those ears like there is no tomorrow. :)
----- Original Message -----
From: Linda Panter
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2003 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] Qestion Re: Cajun corn.

Mark.... why the ice cubes?

Thanks!
Linda

At 07:11 PM 10/08/2003 -0400, Mark  Barringer wrote:

I live for the time of year when the Michigan BI-colored corn starts
appearing at the vegetable stands. Today, I soaked some ears in water for
about two hours. Then, I slapped those babies on the grill-turning each ear
every five minutes-and cooked on low heat for about 40 minutes. WOWZA!

Can anyone tell me a good Cajun-seasoning combo that I can put into the soak
to kick up God's finest--besides chiles--food creation? I had Cajun corn at
one of those taste fests a few years back, but I can't remember how they did
it.

Another way I have done corn (I have posted this before.) is to go ahead and
shuck each ear, butter and sprinkle with chipotle powder. Then, I place
individual ears on pieces of foil with two ice cubes. After rolling up, I
place them on grill and cook the same way as I did for the above recipe.

Any suggestions on the Cajun soak are most appreciated.

Mark "Mad Dog"  Barringer
http://home.earthlink.net/~mdogdrum/index.html