Re: [CH] Seeking Chilaca growing experience

Fred Morris (habanero_nut@yahoo.com)
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:21:41 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jim Nelson <jmnelson@winfirst.com> wrote:

> I planted four wonderful and quite prolific plants
> which bore the label "Pasilla de Oaxaca" at time of
acquisition...but the game plan was to use
> these for mole negro which won't work too well until
I get them into> pasilla stage which
> is after they turn . . .well . . . brown.

Jim, if you are not a purist and just have to grow
your own (and I have no idea what is yet to happen to
your green pods), you can buy the Pasilla de Oaxaca at
what I consider quite modest price from Native Seeds
Search in Tuscon, www.nativeseeds.org.  You can get 6
or 7 dried pods (1.5 oz) from them for $2.50, and they
are absolutely delicious.

Fred the habaneronut