RE: [CH] Plant tags

Ces (ces@preferred.com)
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 09:21:16 -0400

Actually I've had good luck using the permanent marking pens. I have a
couple called "Martha Stewart garden marking pen" from K-mart. We get milk
here in yellow plastic cartons that I cut into about 2 x 3 inch pieces and
write on those. I have some as much as three years old that I can still read
plainly.

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Marc Winterburn
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2003 2:07 AM
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] Plant tags

I am starting my planting for the coming season and was wondering if anyone
use a permanent tagging system. I've noticed that so called permanent plant
markers tend to fade after a month or six and I need to especially this
season be sure of what each plant is. Are there any permanent tags or
markers that are truly permanent?
Thanks to all who have sent me seeds, I will respond in kind once I have
mature seed to share. Most of my seed this year has come from kind folks on
the list.

Marc Winterburn
The Oz Chilli Man