Re: [CH] PI 590503 C. pubescens

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:17:56 -0500

>> You left out the most important clue from GRIN entry for this accession:
>> Collected. ... From: La Paz, Bolivia.

Yep, sounds like something I would do.  LOL  Even though I didn't know it was that important.

>> This is certainly odd looking.  Given USDA propensity for having crossed or mixed accessions, I speculate this represents a cross.

But with what?   How many similar shaped C. pubescens exist?  The pod pic that I posted is more pointed than a sibling on the same plant, but very similar.  Unfortunately there were only 3 pods on the plant although another flush of blossoms has just started.  With the current 100°+ days we are having I don't expect any fruit set.  Will bag blossoms anyways.

And 5 cm long elongated 1st year C. pubs can't be all that common.  Or are they?  I don't have your experiece Brent, but am a fairly good observer that knows he has a lot to learn.

JohnT