[CH] Cold Avocado Soup With Chili Coriander Cream

Scott Peterson (scottp4@mindspring.com)
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:13:00 -0700

At 06:35 PM 8/25/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>I've done the usual
>salad & guacamole...any chile related recipes you'd like to share???

   Cold Avocado Soup With Chili Coriander Cream

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 7     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Soup

   3               each  avocados -- ripe
   2        tablespoons  fresh lemon juice -- or lime juice
   1 1/2           cups  chicken broth -- low salt
   1 1/2           cups  buttermilk
   2               cups  water
   1           teaspoon  ground cumin -- to taste
                         tobasco -- to taste

      1/4           cup  sour cream
      1/2           cup  plain yogurt
   2             cloves  garlic -- chopped
   1               each  jalapeno pepper -- fresh
   2               cups  fresh coriander -- chopped, washed well

Halve, pit, and peel avocados and in a blender or food processor blend with
lemon or lime juice, broth, buttermilk, 2 cups ice water, cumin, Tabasco,
and salt and pepper to taste until smooth. Transfer soup to a large bowl.
Thin with remaining ice water to desired consistency and chill, covered,
until very cold, at least 2 hours and up to 4 (soup will discolor if kept
longer.)

For the Chili Coriander Cream, in a blender or small food processor blend
together all ingredients with salt and pepper to taste, scraping down sides
until very smooth. Cream may be made 6 hours ahead and chilled.

Serve soup with Chili Coriander Cream and coriander sprigs.

Yield: 7 cups of soup

                          		Scott Peterson

DISCLAIMER:  These are my opinions and
only my opinions, unless you share them as
well, which would make them our opinions,
but I am not of the opinion that I can express
your opinion as my opinion without your prior
expression of said opinion, and then my re-utterance
of that opinion would, in my opinion, be foolish
unless I were expressing agreement to your opinion,
and then it wouldn't be my opinion but your
opinion to which I only agree.