RE: [CH] At Harvest's Threshold

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:28:48 +0000

>From: "Ian J Funk" <2k1mcse@comcast.net>

>This has been the best one in years to grow veggies.  I hope
>the other follow and turn orange soon.  When it rains it pours.....Ian

We have flood warnings here in Franklin County this morning, and there is
more rain in the forecast.  We were about 8 inches above normal rainfall for
August.  And you've seen Jim talking about how hard the rain has been in the
Fields.

(BTW when I recently flew to Chicago, I saw the valley of the Beaver River
from Grand Lake St. Mary's to the Wabash; it showed freshly scoured soil far
out on both sides of the channel, as though it had flooded very hard.)

I know about growing modest habs; it's a big event if I can get one up to
knee height.  Then I go to the Fields and see hab plants I could hide
behind.  But regardless of the stature of the plant, those fresh orange pods
pack a really fresh slap in the face.  Yesterday I used half of one in a
quick little yellow squash salad with asian dressing, and I had to eat it
only a little bit at a time.  It was making me dizzy.

- A