[CH] Re: I Won The Fiery Foods Chili Cook-Off!

Jim Weller (arcticchef@theedge.ca)
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:32:08 -0600

 From: RisaG <radiorlg@yahoo.com>
Subject: [CH] I Won The Fiery Foods Chili Cook-Off!

>I just got online for the first time in 2 days and
>found an email from Dave Dewitt's site - I was one of
>10 winners of the contest! Yikes. How happy am I??
>Very excited.

>When I entered I didn't think I would win, considering
>how many chili cook-off champs there are on the
>Chile-Heads and other lists I am on. I never entered a
>chili recipe before. Wow. I can't believe I won.

>Dave Hendricks also won. Yeah.

Congrats to both of you. I went to Dave's site to snag the recipes and I saw
another familiar name there too. Dave Hughes used to post on FIDO. He's from
Texas and makes a mean bowl of red too.

Since I always grab your recipes I thought I should send a couple back. It
seems they like hot stuff on Guam....

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

      Title: Guam Beef Kelaguen
 Categories: Appetizers, Beef, Sauces, Guam, Chilies
      Yield: 4 servings

      1 lb Flank or rib eye steak,
           Chopped
      2 ts Fresh green onion, chopped
      5 ts Lemon juice
      4 sm Chili peppers
      1 ts Salt
           Finadene Sauce:
      3 tb Soy sauce
    1/4 c  Chopped onions
      2 sm Hot red chili peppers
    1/4 c  Lime juice
    1/4 ts Salt

  After chopping the beef, press out as much of the meat juice as
  possible. Mix remaining ingredients in bowl. Chill before serving.
  Serve with finadene sauce and tortillas.

  Finadene Sauce: To prepare sauce, simply mix ingredients.