[CH] Re: HPLC and tepin V8 #723

Cameron Begg (begg@ceof.ohio-state.edu)
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:54:25 -0400

Hi C-H's,

Dave Anderson wrote:

>To drive another nail into the Tepin is hotter than Habanero coffin,
>take a look at:
>http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/Pungency.htm
>It looks like Paul Bosland & company did some heat testing!

Jim Campbell unwittingly nullified the argument higher up the Digest:

>Much has to do with the way humans
>perceive heat as opposed to a HPLC machine that measures ppm of
>capsaicinoids.

I personally could not care less which pod is the hottest but please
do not compare me to a piece of laboratory equipment!

On the subject of "exclusive rights" to a plant which grows wild in
the Southern US and Mexico (tepin) I can only remind you of the
reputation of the person who runs Redwood City Seed Co.

--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.