Re: [CH] ABT's

T. Matthew Evans (tmattevans@yahoo.com)
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:07:22 -0700 (PDT)

Dan --

Hope I'm not too late with a reply -- was no mail all weekend.

When we make them, we typically do it without the barbecue -- a little too rich
if you ask me.  We use cream cheese mixed with minced garic and ground red
chile (smoked, if you have it) and about 1/3 to 1/2 of a slice of bacon per
turd.  We like to use primarily thick-skinned chiles of medium heat, but have
also tried chocolate habaneros and RS habaneros.  Also, I've always had better
luck roasting them in a hot oven (~400 to 450 F) than cooking them on the grill
-- just much simpler.

Good luck.

Matt

=====