Re: [CH] Spicy cabage

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:11:51 -0800

Chet Bacon wrote:
> Anyone got a recipe for Chinese spicy cabbage?
> Kind of a sweet vinegar taste..
> tnx
> Chet

Chester chile! :-) Here is one I have done in the past, and I hadda go
dig to find it! Bout time you shook me outta my hibernation!

1	lb Napa Cabbage(Bok Choy)
3	tbls black Chinese vinegar, it is sweet
2	tbls dark brown sugar
1	tbls sweet soy sauce
1	tsp hot oil...make your own by taking peanut oil, add chiles
2	tbls peanut oil
2	slices ginger root, chopped fine

Chop cabbage into about 2 " pieces. Mix vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce
and hot oil in a small bowl. Add ginger, let stand about half an hour or
more. Heat a wok, add the peanut oil and a sprikle of salt. Add the bok
choy, stir fry for a minute or so, then add the sauce mixture, cook for
another minute. Remove from heat and let stand until almost cool. Serve,
as a condiment, or a second veggie. Enjoy, old Doug in BC