Re: [CH] Chile rub

Firehouse16 (Firehouse16@kissalive.com)
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:25:14 -0800

I BBQ'd a flank steak myself last night, but I used a teriyaki combo
marinade (Soy-Vay Island Teriyaki, Soy-Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki and Kikkoman
Garlic Teriyaki). I used a hot grill, sprayed the meat with Pam before
throwing on, it got crusty without burning too much. When I dry rub I also
spray the meat not the grill and it seems to work, it's a little trick I
think I picked up from some TV chef.

Dave
Visit my food and wine links page at:
http://www.rush-signals.com/wine/wine.html

> Coming out of lurking myself to see if I can help you out. I too love a
> steak with a good crust. Your problem could be you are turning it too
> soon/too often. You must leave the meat over the coals without turning
long
> enough for the crust to form. Frequent turning allows the juices to flow
and
> wash away the good stuff.
> I am sure there is someone else here who knows what I am talking about and
> can put it in better terms but I hope that this is helpful.
>
> Yvonne
> another long time lurker without thoughts of unsubscribing

Chutney.