RE: [CH] Cinncinnati Places to Eat HOT

Jeff Porter (Jeff.Porter@mindspring.com)
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:57:07 -0500

Jack-

Here is what appears to be a pretty comprehensive list of recommendations
that I got from a neighbor of mine who just transferred from Cinninnati
area.  Enjoy and let me know how you made out.

-JP-

=========

Cincinnati is definitely known for its chili.  There are alot of mom & pop
operations, but the main three are Skyline, Gold Star and Empress.  The
best, as far as I'm concerned, is Skyline and the best of that chain is a
store in Clifton (near the University of Cincinnati) at the corner of
McMicken and Ludlow.

However, many other "hot & spicy" restaurants abound.  If you want oriental
spicy, I recommend Teak in Mt. Adams or, for carryout, Thai To Go in Clifton
on McMillan.  For Mexican, the best Quesadillas I've ever had are at a
bar/restaurant called Allyn's Cafe in the Columbia/Tusculum area on Columbia
Parkway.  In Oakley there's a great bar/restaurant called Habits that serves
a dish called "Mexi-rags", basically a huge plate of spicy, Mexican-inspired
hashbrowns.  In Hyde Park, there is a great little restaurant called
"Indigos" that serves a tasty calzone.

If you cross the river (to Kentucky) and want some good Italian, I would try
"Pompillio's".  It's a small joint that was actually the cafe used in the
movie Rain Man (and boy do they play that up).  Another good Italian
restaurant is "Pasta Al Dente" in Hyde Park.

Finally, to cool down, Graeter's ice cream is the best there is.