RE: [CH] Mad Dog Inferno Hot Sauce

Hughes, David L (David.Hughes@bakerhughes.com)
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:00:35 -0600

In my own personal opinion, those super-hot sauces are nothing more than
novelties, curios; very tongue-in-cheek. To me, they're not serious food
items. My personal favorite all-around hot sauce is a relatively unknown
sauce called "Pico Pica". It's not butt-kickin' hot, but its flavor is
second to none. Very earthy, kinda dark-flavored, very 'Mexican'. And
just hot enough to get those little sweats on your cheeks right beneath
your eyes (on me, at least). Someone gave me a bottle of D.I.S. a while
back...I gave it away! That crap tasted SO NASTY! Flavor? It apparently
was NOT a consideration by the maker!
Jardine's 'Sontava XXX' Habanero (Belizean style) is more than hot
enough for me, and flavor is its top characteristic. A lot like
Melinda's or Marie Sharp's, but to me, better than either.

Y'all can keep your 'Macho Death & Disembowelment' or 'Colon Corrosion'
type hot sauces. I'll stick with real flavor.

<soapbox rant mode OFF>

Dave Hughes
Richmond, Texas

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of
terrabyte@tds.net
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 9:10 AM
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] Mad Dog Inferno Hot Sauce

Normally I wouldn't bore this group each time I finished a hot sauce
(plus it'd be about 2 or 3 emails a week!) but today is a special day.

After 3 long months of drip, drip, dripping into my soups, ketchups,
mustards, and sandwhiches, I have finally finished the Mad Dog Inferno
Hot Sauce Bottle that was given to me by a friend at work.

My first reaction to the taste was pain & battery acid. After a while, I
started to pick up on the smell of cinnimon and molases that are the
ingredients in it. More than once I've used too much, making lunches and
suppers take twice as long to finish...

It's listed as having 89,000 SU. Considering the sheer number of hot
sauces out there in the same range or higher, I am convinced no one is
actually taking the time to EAT all of them!

Anyone else out there that's spent months on finishing a sauce?

Dustin