Re: [CH] Mad Dog Inferno Hot Sauce

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:20:02 -0800

Hughes, David L wrote:
> In my own personal opinion, those super-hot sauces are nothing more than
> novelties, curios; very tongue-in-cheek. To me, they're not serious food
> items.

David, I sure agree on that. And this from an old guy who can shock the
clerks at the check out by chomping on a raw hab, which I have done for
a laugh a number of times! The difference between straight falvourful
hot sauces, from a variety of makers(a number of them Jim Campbell's)
and straight out and out cap extracts, is the difference between tasting
the sauce and it's various components, and enjoying it, or simply
ingesting straight capsaicin, for a huge shock to the taste buds. For me
I enjoy my food, and I enjoy my chile flavour, and it appears in most
everything we eat, breakfast, lunch dinner, and of course, snacks! Hey,
Dave, why dontcha leave Baker Oil tools and start makin "Macho Death &
Disembowelment" and retire a millionaire(like Jim C :-))!) He will even
supply the makins,I bet! Cheers, Doug on Vancouver Island BC