Re: [CH] Geo-Chile-Heads

Ted Wagner (trwagner1@yahoo.com)
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:21:26 -0800 (PST)

YES!  Fantastic!  Love that pin and what a GRAND idea!

A bit off-topic, but, those of you not familiar with geocachine, check it out:

http://www.geocaching.com

If you like the outdoors and have a GPS device, it's a great family hobby.

Ted

--- Firehouse16 <Firehouse16@kissalive.com> wrote:
> Now this is funny, I'm an intense Geocacher! I actually have a Chile-Heads
> related Travel Bug, but it got muggled so I'm in the process of replacing
> it. I've placed quite a bit of Mild to Wild merchandise in caches out here
> in California too. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?ID=52449
>
> Dave
> RCOFD - Station 16
> Our Geocaching Webpage
> http://webpages.charter.net/engineco16/
>

> > >Welcome Paul!  Where abouts are you in NE Indiana?  Anywhere near Hobart
> or
> > Crown Point?
> > Churubusco...about 12mi NW of Fort Wayne  (41-15.899  ,  W085-21.926)
> >
> >   >Oh, speaking of geocaching, I think we should have a special cache for
> > chileheads.  How about a
> > traveling pod?
> > A Travel-Pod, cool idea, maybe first send it to Hatch, NM.  then on to
> > Mexico and Bolivia, Brazil, Havana etc. Hit all the 'Hot' spots in Chile
> > history :-) A cache at the OF location would be good but we'd have to find
> > someone local to look after it periodically.
> > There's been some chatter lately about short term caches, maybe just for
> the
> > weekend... Special event cache. Hey congratulations, you found it, here
> try
> > some of this...HeHeHe
> > PQ

=====
Signal Corps:  -- http://www.civilwarsignal.org/
USMT -- http://www.unitedstatesmilitarytelegraph.org
Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing...