RE: [CH] (Fwd) Jalapeno Eating Contest??

Dan Turkette (dan@tekinteractive.com)
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:23:58 -0500

We have several hot wing eating contests each year, the big one during our
annual spice festival in June. Last year we estimated the finalist consumed
wings that were approx. 700-900,000 Scovies.

I'd suggest that all entrants be at least 18 and sign a waiver. We had one
guy make it to the final heat and with his hands covered in sauce; he rubbed
his eyes (DA attack). He spent the next hour or so in the bathroom.

This year we're expanding it to include a habanero and jalapeno eating
contest. The habanero contest will be by weight consumed (basically mash)
and the jalapeno by the number of peppers consumed which will of course have
the stems removed.

We'll also have a hot sauce tasting booth where the tough guys
(read:dumbasses) can try out sauces and salsa. Anyone had John's Salsa
Stoopid? Just started carrying it and it took my breath away.. we'll be
featuring that one at the booth.

Regards,
Dan
www.americanspice.com