Re: [CH] OT: Charcoal Grill

T. Matthew Evans (tmattevans@yahoo.com)
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:14:00 -0700 (PDT)

My general opinion is that the 22" Weber kettle is the finest charcoal grill
ever manufactured -- I currently cook on one that is over 10 years old and has
never been covered a day in its life.  If you need more size, you could move up
to one of those behemouth Weber ranch kettles (~3-4 ft. diameter?) but these
get a bit expensive (~$600-$700).

If you want something with an offset firebox that can double as a grill or a
smoker, you might consider a Char-Griller (www.chargriller.com).  I have one of
these also and have been quite happy with it.  It was only about $150 and it
will hold six large pork butts (or six racks of pork ribs or two turkeys)
easily.  I don't know that it is as sturdy as a Weber, but I've had mine for
going on four years now.

My Char-Griller came from the local Home Depot, but that might just be because
Char-Griller is based in Sea Island, GA (I'm near Atlanta).  Your luck may
vary.

Matt

=====