RE: [CH] recipe request

PBurke@mpi.mb.ca
Wed, 12 May 2004 09:28:14 -0500

Winnipeg got 7 inches of snow...

And now it's raining....

It's getting a little soggy here....

Paul ( in Winnipeg )

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of Nels Peterson
Family
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 11:10 AM
To: T. Matthew Evans; Helen L. Gillis; chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [CH] recipe request

Glad I can give credit for the hush puppies -- they are fast becoming a
family favorite -- with or without heat.

Yeah -- it snowed here -- no accumulation here in Lakota, but on our
Extensin conference call the agents in counties along the Canadian
border all had significant snowfall -- 5  to 6 inches or better.  We
won't put plants in the ground until about the 30th -- our average last
frost date here is the 25th for a 32 degree F frost -the 20 for a 28
degree killing frost -- but tomatoes and peppers can't tell the
difference between 32 and
28 -- they die.

BTW -- Doug -- how much snow did Winnipeg get?

Nels in ND

> The hushpuppy recipe is mine, Nels -- I'm glad that you like them.
>
> I saw on the Weather Channel this morning that it snowed in parts of
> ND yesterday -- you included?  When will you get plants in the ground?
>
> Matt
>

> --- Nels Peterson Family <npkp4jp@polarcomm.com> wrote:
> > I got this recipe for hush puppies from this list this winter -- we
> > like 'em.  My old computer crashed (damned windows) so I can't give
> > credit
where
> > credit is due for the recipe -- whomever sent it -- thanks, we've
> > made
them