RE: [CH] Best Vinegar for Hot Sauces...

enkantare@mindspring.com
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:01:43 -0400

Thanks Jime... I did get your message..

Unfortunately.. right after I had already strained the mash
from the vinegar...  Im letting it sit for a while...  I did
taste it while it was in the pot still..  and it did taste
very vinegary..  but who knows.. maybe it wont.. I should have
known better I guess...  Ill try it tonite and see how it tastes
today...  I think I made alot of mistakes though... because I
kept looking at the amount of fluid in with the mash.. and thinking
it wasnt enough, etc.. so I added more vinegar.. also.. I think with
Chipotle.. i prolly shoulda used Apple Cider Vinegar too..  here's
waht i did...

1 lb  Chipotle
7 c   White Distilled Vinegar
3 tbl Kosher salt
1 tbl Garlic Powder

I meant to buy an hab or two to add to the mix.. but I forgot it at
the farmers market and didnt think about it till I got home.

Im sure I will NOT be pleased with the result tonite...  I almost
tried it on my eggs this morning... but then I thought about what
that strong vinegar taste would be like on my eggs.. especially if
it didnt have all that wonderful flavor that chipotle's  have.

now.. if I only had a wooden barrell to age the peppers in...

<pinch>  time to wake up..

Woody