[CH] Container Gardening in ABQ

T. Matthew Evans (tmattevans@yahoo.com)
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 03:59:48 -0700 (PDT)

Perry --

When I lived in ABQ, I had reasonable success growing chiles in pots, largely I
think due to the overabundance of sunlight.  I would be certain that the plants
are getting plenty of water and fertilizer -- I've found it to be nearly
impossible to overfertilize container plants.  Due to the intense sunlight, a
well-watered plant will metabolize nutrients quickly and require plenty of
fertilizer.  Finally, I found that my plants did better with a rock mulch on
top of the soil.  This will steady out the moisture in the soil and be less
stressful on the plants.  Good luck.

Matt

=====