Re: [CH] Old topic- new subscribe routine?

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Mon, 09 Aug 2004 19:09:49 -0500

jim@wildpepper.com wrote:

> I've gotten several requests from longtime list members who are trying
> to get back on.  I know there has been a lot of difficulty with trying
> to subscribe lately.
>
> Can someone please e-mail me (off list) and let me know what the latest
> tricks are to getting back on?  I've had them follow the e-mail
> directions that Mike sent out as of March 2004.  They get the
> confirmation on the subscribe but when they try to send it back as
> directed, it returns as undeliverable.

Possibly the automatic confirm messager asks that the confirmation reply
be sent back to majordomo@globalgarden.com still. When I re-subscribed
it did that and I blithely followed the directions ... and nothing
happened. Then I puzzled out that if I had to send the request to
chile-heads-request@etc. it might make sense to send the confirmation
response to the same place.

Voila! I was re-subscribed.

Without seeing the confirmation requests I cannot say for sure that is
what happened to the others - but, I'd bet a couple bottles of cheap hot
sauce on it.

--
ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!

... I have made it a rule never to drink by daylight and never to refuse
a drink after dark. -- H. L. Mencken, quoted in New York Post, 18 Sept, 1945