Re: Re: [CH] I've been REAL naughty!

terrabyte@tds.net
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 4:30:26 +0000

> From: raincrone@juno.com
>
> You've lost me, sorry.

Sorry, you've lost me too. I have yet to see a post by anyone here that advocates this punishment.

> to hot-sauce a small child's mouth?   If you hit a 3- or 4-year-
> old with a belt, would it make you any less a thug if it were one
> you bought for the purpose or one you had around?

Sorry, I didn't know you were so dense. The reason I wrote that paragraph was because someone made up a lot of what-if's, and chastised us because we weren't responding to these unknown what-if's. My point, and my examples were to show that the article was specific: It was Tabasco, and it was a drop on the tonuge. To jump to Dave's Insanity, and an accidental splash into the eyes, and respiratory crisis is ridiculous. Actually, I'm sure it IS a possibility, but to yell at us for it is silly. There were very few responses to begin with, and now with this crap, I bet there won't be another hot sauce post for months. Thanks a lot.

> if that's really necessary after nonphysical methods haven't worked.
> But for the average kid that age, what you described is sadistic,  and
> calling us killjoys for pointing that out, or implying we're "jackbooted
> PC police",  doesn't  render our point invalid.   In fact, it doesn't
> even address it.

I didn't call someone a killjoy because they think the article is sadistic. We actually almost agree on that point.

I called them a killjoy because they were unhappy with our light joking around. And personally, I found the jokes to be aimed at us, and definately not at the poor children.

Dustin