Re: [CH] Less than fresh peppers

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:27:40 -0500

Jeff Schickowski wrote:

>  Unfortunately, by the time they get to our shelves they are either too
> green to even think about eating or are already getting soft and furry. I
> don't know why they even bother with habs at one of our stores. Always
> overpriced and rotten.
>
> Jeff

  Hey there Jeff,

  If you're ever in a state of extreme desperation up there, you could always drive South a
little.  I know I've seen decent Habs. at Piggly Wiggly in Mequon, and in Saukville.  I
think I also have at the Pick 'n Save in Grafton and / or Saukville.  Haven't paid much
attention, being a follower of Sandy 'n all; but I seem to think most all chiles were priced
around $2.99 or $3.99 / lb.  I know I even saw some really nice plump, fresh Caribbean Reds,
or maybe Savinas (they weren't marked) not too many months ago...

--
Erich
C-H # 2099 & First Lieutenant of the Moderate Corps