Re: [CH] need recipe

Chris Thomas (cthomas@precisecastings.com)
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:40:37 -0500

Morning Diane !!!!  Here, try this....it's one I made up a year or so back.

1 lb Andouille Sausage, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
1 lb cooked shrimp
1 lb Crawfish tail meat (frozen is ok.  Most markets carry it in the frozen
seafood isle)
1 lb pasta (linguine)
Crawfish boil spice or some kind of chili powder
1 med. onion diced
1~3 bell pepper diced use multicolors
3 cloves of elephant garlic chopped
4 tbsp butter
1/2 cup water
3 cups heavy whipping cream

Ok, toss 1 tbsp of butter in a biggo fryin pan, and melt it.
Toss in the sausage, sprinkle with the spice, and cook on high heat about
5 minutes. Toss in the bell pepper and onion and cook till the onion is
translucent (about 3 minutes). Add the 1/2 cup of water. Toss in the
shrimp and crawfish meat, sprinkle with spice again, and cook another 3
minutes.
Drain off any excess liquid.  Now add the other 3 tbsp of butter, and the 3
cups of heavy whipping cream.  Cook another 5 to 7 minutes, and add more
spice if you want.  When all is done, serve this concoction over cooked
linguine.