Re: [CH] Calvin Donaghey?

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:48:44 -0600

> FWIW, the label lists the following ingredients: "Habanero, Aji Amarillo,
Rocoto, Hawaiian, Tepin, Cayenne, NuMex, Serrano, Thai, and others".

That helps quite a bit.  I've grown & powdered all of the above, but have never tried blending powders other than a few times blending a single pepper variety with a sweet curry mix or a purchased canister of the great local BBQ rubs.

The best blended powder that I have ever had or even hope to have was the product of the rogue "Coast To Coast Pepper Co" that was made not long after Open Fields this year by some of the attendees.  And I think it was a blend of only smoked peppers and no other spices.

JohnT