[CH] Key West Recommendations?

John Benz Fentner, Jr. (johnfentner@comcast.net)
Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:49:11 -0500

Jeff Thompson wrote:

> Don't know if it's still there or not, but lookup The Raw Bar... sushi
> and other seafood specials... very nice... buy their t-shirt... it's
> nice too.
>
> On Jan 23, 2005, at 6:41 PM, John Benz Fentner, Jr. wrote:
>
>> We're gonna be in Key West next week (if we ever get dug outa this
>> ferschlugginer blizzard).
>>
>> Any recommendations for restaurants, bars, sights, bars, stores, bars,
>> stuff to do, bars, etc.?

Great referral!  We went there once and my wife was so outraged at the
assorted seafood platter that I got (she just got the mussels, which
were good too) that we hadda go back a second time. My second, the
garlic shellfish platter) was so big I couldn't finish it...first time
in history.

Had an Oyster Shooter (fresh oyster, pepper vodka and chile sauce) that
made my head sweat (and you get to keep the monogrammed glass too).

Tabasco on every table (and Cholula and Aji Amazona Green in my bag o'
tricks) and real beer (Negro Modelo). Great food and the prices were
comparable (high) to others in the harbor area.

Nice little plaque in the junk stores:  "If you are lucky enough to live
in Key West...you are lucky enough."

JB

--
John Benz Fentner, Jr.