Re: [CH] Sticky Chicken (Crockpot)

Linda Panter (lipant@sympatico.ca)
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 08:57:06 -0400

Thank you Beth!  That sounds like great comfort food to me!
This chicken fell off the bones, so deboning would not be hard to
accomplish LOL.   One thing we like to do as well, with this sort
of thing, is to use nice soft pita bread or good rolls to sop it
up with, MMMM.

I have not been posting for several years, just lurking.  My
husband was very ill for some time and passed away two and a half
years ago.  Now I have met a new fellow and am getting married
again in August, so of course, being happy and content, LOL, I am
cooking up a storm again. I love to cook but sometimes life just
squashes the initiative and the opportunity.

Thanks for the kind words, Beth!  Hope your weather is safe and
not too hot!

Linda, Toronto, where the high for today is going to be 95F.

----- Original Message -----
From: Beth
To: Chile-Heads@globalgarden.com
Cc: Linda Panter
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2005 11:59 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] Sticky Chicken (Crockpot)

Greetings from Texas Linda!

A delayed thank you, but a hearty thank you for all the great
info you
have posted lately, I have enjoyed your posts.

I have done this similar crockpot chicken for years and have an
addendum
at the point of the juices for gravy.  To continue:

1) Debone chicken (I use thighs w/skin and bone...much more
flavor)
2) Go ahead and make the gravy to desired thickness, can be
easily done
on High crock pot setting
3) Add deboned chicken to the crock
4) Cut up flour tortillas into bit size pieces and dump into
gravy &
chick in crock pot
5) Simmer until tortilla bites get a little mushy, moist.  Kinda
like
"sticky".  Instant dumplins
6) Dish up this wonderful Chicken and Dumplins comfort food, dust
with
smoked Capsicum powder of choice and enjoy.

I also make this to step #3 and then pour over rice.

I suppose this fashion of a good starchy food is kind of a
Southern thing.

Thanks again Linda...

Beth in Texas