Re: [CH] steaks

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:22:10 -0400

Ben --

I'm with you -- I don't like much on my steaks, but I typically use
lots of kosher salt, some cracked pepper, and some ground chile.  As
you mention, chipotle is very nice.  On occasion, I will serve the
steaks with a topping -- one of my favorites is a roasted green chile
and blue cheese butter.

If I am really going all out, I'll smoke roast a whole prime rib on my
Weber.  Before cooking, I season it extremely aggressively with kosher
salt and black pepper.  At service, I accompany with grated
horseradish root, more salt, and some smoked, ground Tabasco chile.

Matt