Re: [CH] steaks

Will McCown (will@ross-mccown.com)
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:07:41 -0700

Ben wrote:
> How do you season your steaks?  I don't really like a lot of stuff on
> my steak, but last week I grilled a T-Bone after putting on some salt,
> black pepper, and chipotle powder.
>
> The salt and pepper are pretty standard, but the chipotle powder made
> a huge difference.  That was a great steak!  So I got wondering what
> chile-based improvements you all make to your steaks.

My preference on steaks is salt plus Penzey's "California Seasoned
Pepper" which is a very nice mix of black pepper and various
chile peppers.

For Tri-tip my Nephew came up with the following:

2 cloves Garlic
1 tablespoon "Montreal Seasoning"
1 teaspoon Chipotle
2 teaspoon smoke tobasco
1 Tablespoon Worchestershire
2 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil

Marinate tri-tip in the mixture for 1-2 hr then grill slowly
to as done as you like.

--
Will McCown, South Pasadena, CA
will@ross-mccown.com