Re: [CH] Test

Brent Thompson (brent@hplbct.hpl.hp.com)
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:30:18 -0700

> Sandy Olson wrote:
> > I've had two welcome back posts but...my own message didn't come up in
> > my inbox

>  1) Your ISP deleting it as SPAM and not delivering it.
>  2) Your mail reader is treating it as SPAM and deleting it.

Both these are unlikely to be causing Sandy's problem, since she get's
other mail from the list.

Some mailers do not send mail to user's inbox originating from that same
user.  Mail from chile-heads uses address of the originating sender in the
From: line.  Could this be your problem, Sandy?  If you send mail to other
lists similarly configured, do you get that mail in inbox?  Or maybe just
sending a message addressed to yourself will be sufficient test.  You will
probably have to examine the headers of all messages involved in this
testing.

 ---   Brent