Re: [CH] Powder

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:27:53 -0400

Russ --

I just grind mine in a spice grinder and leave it as a kind of coarse
powder -- certainly not with the uniformity and fineness of, say,
store-bought cayenne powder.  I've been happy with this and haven't
noticed problems in any of my recipes.  Plus, it's easy.

The nicest homemade powder that I have ever seen has been sent to me
by the very fine list member, JohnT.  I think he told me once that he
dries the chiles until brittle and grinds them in a pepper mill.  I'm
not sure how well this would work with large quantities.

Matt