[CH] First Post

John H. Sphar (jsphar@pacbell.net)
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:18:36 -0700

Hi Sandy - Looks like all is well and working.  Thanks for the feedback!

To answer, I like all levels of heat. As a recreational grower, I even grow
bell peppers and have been known to devour pimientos de padron.  I just love
chiles and chile-like fruit.  However, let me relate the following, which
may be all the evidence required to categorize me.  Before planting time
this year, I decided to try Cross Country Nursery, since they have so many
varieties.  You have to order plants in units of twelve, eighteen, etc.
After I hurredly ordered via their web pages (with all the excitement of a
kid in a toy store), and printed out the order, I discovered that I had two
tomatoes, four bell peppers, a jalapeno, a serrano, a Thai and nine
different types of Habanero.  Busted.

I would love to talk moderation however, since I am the only family member
who likes it hot.  I do the cooking and need to learn to respect the wishes
of my wife and kids.  Oh, by the way, I usually have to do all the dishes as
well, because everyone has been burned by still-unwashed utensils.

John S.
San Jose, CA

SandyO wrote:
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:04:09 -0500
From: "Sandy Olson" <sandyo@myclearwave.net>
Subject: [CH] First Post

Well, John... your first post came through loud and clear and I assume
you
were not automatically booted from the list or anything dire such as
that.
Now you can post long and often.

My main question: as a new poster and perhaps a new member, are you a
fire
eater or of the moderate persuasion?

SandyO
CH #1146, always looking for new recruits!