Re: [CH] Recipes to follow / Ti-Malice recipe

Laird D Kelly (laird.kelly@juno.com)
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:06:28 PDT

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:19:50 -0400 Myron Menaker <myronm@bellsouth.net>
writes:

> Open letter:
>
> Does anyone know why we don't move this list to Yahoo Groups?
>
> I'm in several Yahoo Groups....we never have such problems!
>
>                                 Regards from Hurricane Alley,
>
>                                                  Myron

Because YahooGroups is prone to spam and *the bounce of death* whereby a
single bounced spam or 'soft bounce'  (an error message indicating a
delay in delivery) causes a stoppage of ALL mail as Yahoo stops sending
to your 'dead' e-dress until you go through their unbounce routine (and
we won't mention there repeated attempts to bypass spam filters such as
Postini which leads to "illegal access" bounces...)

Compared to the old eGroups YahooGroups "sucks dead rodents through a
garden hose"

      ._,     SL. Laird Kelly       INET laird.kelly(at)juno.com
    C(O-O)@   Sholem aleichem          FIDO 1:138/255, 1:123/140
WSU Master Gardener, GOA, SIAR, NAR #77280, UPCHUG, *Team AMiGA*
"Micro$oft Mobile Manor", Purdy, Wa - 1 mile north of Mary Kay
LeTourneau... Hide the kids, she's out 8-)