Re: [CH] Homemade Fajita seasonings

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Wed, 05 Oct 2005 08:58:44 -0700

Hey Jack....why not just do what we do? Seeing as you didn't like Alex's
suggestion, just take a little container of your own home grown, home
ground chile pepper blend along witcha wherever you go? Marie carries
one in her purse, and we use it on everything when we eat out, even when
visiting our kids! I have yet to have a chef come and berate me for
changing the flavour of his "creation" however that could happen,
depending on how fancy a restaraunt it is. I think his suggestion was a
good one. Surely you must have some chiles to grind, add garlic powder,
cumin powder, blend well and "Voila"!! Hey, ya coud even label
it....just think:  Pepper Jack's Jerk Spice Blend  and compete with some
of the wimpy jerk seasonings out there. If ya do that,  ya gotta add
allspice! Cheers, old Doug in BC