Re: [CH] Homemade Fajita seasonings

WV Mountaineer Jack (wvmountaineerjack@yahoo.com)
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:48:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hold On, I Did Not say I didnt like Alex suggestion,
he ALWAYS has Good suggestions on CH. I am just trying
to find a base for what fajita mix is, for the posts
here it seems its basically chili powder with a little
extra spices. Maybe I am looking at it wrong, is it
the spices that make the fajita or the way you make
the fajita that makes it a fajita?

Pepper Jack

--- Doug Irvine <dougandmarie@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Hey Jack....why not just do what we do? Seeing as
> you didn't like Alex's
> suggestion, just take a little container of your own
> home grown, home
> ground chile pepper blend along witcha wherever you
> go? Marie carries
> one in her purse, and we use it on everything when
> we eat out, even when
> visiting our kids! I have yet to have a chef come
> and berate me for
> changing the flavour of his "creation" however that
> could happen,
> depending on how fancy a restaraunt it is. I think
> his suggestion was a
> good one. Surely you must have some chiles to grind,
> add garlic powder,
> cumin powder, blend well and "Voila"!! Hey, ya coud
> even label
> it....just think:  Pepper Jack's Jerk Spice Blend
> and compete with some
> of the wimpy jerk seasonings out there. If ya do
> that,  ya gotta add
> allspice! Cheers, old Doug in BC
>
> WV Mountaineer Jack wrote:
>
> >Has anyone out there got a good recipie for mixing
> up
> >your own fajita seasoning at home instead of just
> >buying a jar of it at the supermarket?
> >
> >Pepper Jack

Yahoo! for Good